Pony Bird, Inc. provides 24-hour care for individuals in the Festus and Desoto
areas who are physically and intellectually disabled.
Our “family of special ones”,enjoys learning
activities, community outings and therapy services to create their highest possible quality of life.
Pony Bird cares for the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual needs of each
person. Our core principles include compassion, dignity, respect, integrity and teamwork.
Direct Support Professional (DSP): Assists approximately four residents each shift with all
aspects of daily living such as bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, developmental activities, etc.
according to their personal care plan. Complete training provided.
Current Shifts Available:
Evenings: Full Time and Part Time
Other times may be available too!
We can work around most school schedules!
Starting Pay: $11.15 per hour
Weekends: DSPs work every other weekend, and 4 holidays per year (double pay)
Benefits: after probationary period include, paid time off, dental and supplemental insurances. In
addition, full-time employees are eligible for medical insurance and seven paid holidays.
• High School diploma or GED
• At least 18 years old
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to follow oral and written directions and problem solve
• Demonstrate patience, sensitivity, and positive attitude towards persons experiencing severe
to profound developmental disabilities
• Knowledge of basic housekeeping functions
• Ability to act quickly and calmly in emergency situations (accidents, seizures, fire, etc.)
• Light computer skills to include data entry and word processing
• Work requires the ability to repetitively lift up to 50 pounds, very active position
To apply: 636-931-5818 or on at www.ponybird.org
Pony Bird, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer