Good Earth Tools merges manufacturing prowess and engineering innovation into a uniquely customized and patented line of industrial equipment and tungsten carbide wear-proofing solutions for a diverse and global client base.
Headquartered just 30 miles south of St. Louis in Crystal City, Missouri, Good Earth Tools is a privately held manufacturer with a network of worldwide distributors.
GET’s technology is reflected through its specialty divisions, including Good Earth Tools (GET), Ballast Tools, Ballast Tools Equipment, QMP Limited, and Ever Extruder. To learn more, visit our related websites at www.goodearthtools.com ; www.btequip.com ; www.everextruder.com ; www.ballasttools.com ; www.qmpltd.com
- Primary responsibility of the technician is to diagnose equipment repair needs and perform designated repairs on company owned machines as directed, on site or in the field as needed.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines. Also includes Preventive maintenance and general machine upkeep.
- Detection of faults through the use of diagnostic laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems: electronics, hydraulics, power train, engines and general machine performance is expected.
- Occasional operation of machine in the determination of repair need or repair assessment may occur.
- Disassemble and assemble machine components to manufacturer’s specifications though the use of hand tools and pneumatic tools.
- Occasional use of basic welding equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Research repair needs and order parts as needed.
- 2 years’ experience OR certification from a Technical or vocational education in Heavy Equipment, Diesel or Automotive Technology required.
- Experience in diagnosing equipment utilizing laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems: electronics, hydraulics, power train, engines, and general machine performance is expected.
- Knowledge of basic tools and tool usage, including basic welding skills.
- In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
- The following may be expected to be encountered: long periods of standing, periodic exposure to seasonal heat and cold, working with oils and greases, noise, field work as needed, working outside, stooping, bending, squatting, or working in a prone position.
To Apply: To apply, please visit our website at https://goodearthtools.com/career-opportunities.html and complete the online application.