Weather Alert

Terre Du Lac Home Catches Fire Thursday

(TERRE DU LAC, Mo.) – A fire Thursday in a Terre Du Lac home took over four hours to contain and required firefighters from six different departments to handle, but at the end, most of the house was actually saved.

The Daily Journal reports that the incident took place on Notre Dame Drive, as a chimney flue caught fire.

The blaze was not particularly big in nature, but the structure of the chimney was such that it made fighting the fire a bit lengthy time-wise.

A firefighter from Leadington, while stationed on a ladder 10 feet of the ground, fell and broke his foot during the fire.

The firefighter was taken to the hospital for treatment.

Other than the damage to the chimney, the Terre Du Lac home was preserved.

Connect With Us Listen To Us On